Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Holiday Wishes


Good morning friends!  Welcome to Christmas in July with the Fat Quarter Shop Holiday Wishes Blog Hop!  Holiday Wishes is Sherri Falls great new quilt book and it's chock full of large and small projects perfect for Christmas and projects that also translate well for all year round!

Holiday-Wishes-Header
 
I chose some cute fabrics for my project.  My selections are two pieces from the Flower Sugar Christmas, the Cozy Christmas pink and red stripe and the Sunrise Studio red Polka Party dot.  They all work so well together!

HolidayWishes
 
The Merry Gifts quilt is a great quilt. Perfect to bring out after you as soon  there's a chill in the air. I knew when I opened that book that I wanted to make a Merry Gift Pillow.   The block is 14" x 18" so I needed to make a custom pillow form for it.  I went totally old school, using my pinking blade to rotary cut two pieces of fabric 15" x 19" and  sewed them with a half inch seam allowance  all around (wrong sides together)leaving a 4 inch opening.  I  used poly stuffing to fill it nice and tight, then machine stitched the opening closed.  The trick to getting a nice firm pillow is to stuff small bits in at a time, compacting as you go, so it's nice and full with no gaps. 

HolidayWishes
 
Now I have a pillow form the exact size of my pillow guaranteeing a perfect firm full  pillow! I made my block following along with the book, the instructions are great and the illustrations just what you need for an easy sewing experience.

Holiday Wishes

I totally love it! 

HolidayWishes
 
Imagine how cute a whole bunch of these would be on the sofa at Christmas time!
 
The Holiday Wishes Blog Hop is every Wednesday in July!  Tons of super fun clever people participating and I'm excited to see all the projects. Thanks to Fat Quarter Shop for including me in on this blog hop!
 
 
Hop on over to these blogs for more Christmas in July!
 
Happy Quilting- Melissa Corry
Persimmon Dreams- Kim Lapacek
Zakka Art- Wynn Tan
Why Not Sew? - Erin Cox
FreeMotion by the River- Connie Campbell
 

7 Comments:

Blogger mumbird3 said...

Very cute pillow!!! Love teh binding choice!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute pillow Pam! I sometimes make my own pillow forms too, love your beautiful fabrics!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Lori Smanski said...

your pillow is adorable

10:15 AM  
Blogger Becky S. said...

Such a cute pillow!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Such a beautiful pillow! Love the fabrics here.....have got a bit of Xmas fabric on the table myself ready for a bit of festive making very soon.
Helen xox

8:51 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

This is the prettiest! I think I might have to do a whole quilt with these fabrics!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Hartslove said...

The pillow form by itself is just about my skill level! I thought it was the actual pillow. Thanks for the tip about making a perfectly sized pillow form. Alexine

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older