Monday, July 11, 2016

Perfect for Summer

Good Monday Morning!  I had a nice weekend, starting with some Friday fun.   I had lunch with Holly and we went to Orchard Nursery in Lafayette then had the most delicious lunch at El Charro.  Orchard is a good halfway spot to meet, and it's  a gorgeous place. If you ever have a chance to visit there, do it.  And then go into downtown for lunch.  Bonus, there's a quilt shop on Brown Avenue, The Cotton Patch!  So a perfect day trip for a quilting gardener, or gardening quilter, which ever you are!


Popsicles
 
Worked a bit on my Popsicles this past weekend. 


Popsicles

I'm making a small five popsicle version so the main body is done, and I've got the pieces for the border all cut, and ready to work on today.  I hope to get to machine quilting it by the afternoon, providing I'm not distracted.  Which is a good possibility. It's been so pleasant this past week I need to thoroughly enjoy the remains as by Wednesday we're back in the 90s again.  The good weather has me feeling happy and revived. 
 
I hope you're already off to a great start this week!  Happy days peoples! xo
 
 

4 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Picking up my granddaughter from day camp today and a little shopping with her. Then dinner with her Moms to celebrate a birthday. No sewing here today but I did get started over the weekend on a Fall quilt. It's been calling me the last few years and 2016 is the time!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Oh - LOVE your Popsicle tablerunner!! I too have the pattern, but other WIP's became priority. Hope to make this soon. I hear the ice cream truck calling when I see your beautiful popsicles :)!

9:19 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Ohmigosh how cute is that?! Love it! And that reminds me that I need to get cracking on mine!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Adorable popsicles...love the fabric combinations and they are so summery!
Happy new week!
Helen xox

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older