Friday, February 17, 2017

Orange Peel

Hi there peeps! Not a ton of stitching progress since we last met.  I managed to get my orange peels blanket stitched finally.  I had been off to such a quick start then those last dozen peels took forever to complete.  Just too much going on.  But today I am back at it, sewing my rows together. 


orange peels
 
This might be the worst photo ever of adorable orange peels but it's the best I can do today.  Stitching the blocks together will be a breeze but let me offer a tad of advice if you're working on this project.  Pin those blocks!  When you are at the end with the two points meeting, your machine may fight a bit skewing the block a bit. 
 
Is it a long weekend where you are?  Do you have plans?  We're expecting more rain which we love, although we're watching the Oroville dam like so many as we have family and friends up there in the area. 
 
HAPPY WEEKEND FRIENDS! xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful little orange peel blocks. Great tip on pinning :)! No plans for the long weekend here, but happy for the mini break. Thinking of everyone close to the dam!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Dolly said...

Those are yummy-looking peels.

And that is good advice. I'm currently stitching together an orange-peel top. I put my zipper foot on my machine so that I could stitch close to the peels, but I have been guiding the blocks so closely that I have stitched through the tip of my middle finger, left hand, TWICE this week !

But these make gorgeous quilts, and I think that this one is going to be wonderful...all in shades of turquoise, aqua, greens, and blues....with a little spark of a surprise thrown in.

Can't wait to see yours finished.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

These are so pretty, What will you make?

5:42 PM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I love your blocks, they are very colorful!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older